Apple Butternut Squash Soup
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 2" chunks
3 cups chicken broth
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 cup light cream
1 bottle Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Apple Grille Sauce (available in store at Weekends!)
Salt and pepper to taste
Pumpkin seeds, croutons and/or cheese for topping! (optional)
1. In a small saucepan melt butter and cook the onion and apple until tender.
2. Place butternut squash in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cook squash until tender. Drain.
3. Combine the squash, apple and onion mixture in a food processor and process until smooth. Return these ingredients to the large saucepan.
4. Add remaining ingredients, except toppings, heat thoroughly and serve in warm bowls.
5. Top with desired toppings.
Recipe derived from: Stonewall Kitchen
#recipes #fall #autumn #stonewallkitchen #butternutsquash #squash #pumpkin #soup #recipe #halloween